Nov 16, 2010

I was a NON-WINNER

My Lesson Plan from "Betting on Yourself" by Dr. Robert Anthony. I wrote this in 2008. I was quite hesitant about posting this here. Not only do I feel I am opening myself up but I also do not want to offend anyone.  It still amazes to read this. In 2008 I was NOT the person I am today. Sharing my thoughts, good and/or bad, keeps me on the path of self-development that I started 4 years ago.

I recommend EVERYONE read Dr. Anthonys book. I also recommend EVERYONE keep a journal of some sort on their progress, so that you too can look back one day and see just how far you have come. xoxoxo



CHAPTER 1

I was a loser for many many years. I was raised by an adoptive mother and step-sister that criticized everything I have ever done. I knew my mother would be proud of me when I found out I was pregnant, but I received nothing but criticism and scorn. I knew my mother would be proud of me when I started college, but I was told that it wouldn't do me any good. I knew she would be proud when I finally moved into my own beautiful home. But I was told that it won't be long before I would have to move again because I could never pay the bills myself. All of my goals and dreams were shot down the moment I shared them. I was criticized for every mistake I made and when I succeeded at something, I was told that it wouldn't last for long.

Today I am a non-winner. I realize that everything that has come into my life, I have attracted. I turn every situation into a learning opportunity. I now know that success does not happen over night. It is a process. In that process, I become more educated and stronger everyday. I know I have the power to achieve. And I know that the secret lies within me

The day I made that phone call to Michael Dlouhy was a turning point for me. It was when my desire met opportunity. He had the belief and faith to know that I can be a winner.

I no longer see obstacles in my life. I only see opportunities. The first step I need to make is getting rid of my negative emotion. I no longer feel the need to satisfy my mother or friends. . I will pay more attention to my "winner" friends than I do my "loser" friends. Out with the old and in with the new. I will be betting on myself from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment